Atletico Madrid have reported Barcelona to Fifa over an alleged illegal approach for striker Antoine Griezmann.
The 26-year-old France international signed a new contract earlier this year, committing him to Atletico until the end of the 2021-22 season.
Griezmann has been linked with a number of clubs, including Manchester United.
However, it is understood Atletico’s complaint is only with Barcelona, who they claim have spoken to people around Griezmann, including family members.
The Spanish club says that breaks Fifa regulations.
A Fifa spokesman said: “We can confirm that we have received a complaint from Atletico Madrid.”
Meanwhile, Barcelona have informed Atletico Madrid, that they are ready to pay Griezmann’s 100 million euros release clause.
Cadena Cope radio station announced on Tuesday that “Barcelona have told Atletico Madrid they are going to pay Antonie Griezmann’s get out clause. And Atletico know the player will be leaving at the end of the season.”