I Have Nothing But Contempt For Conte – Mourinho

By  |  0 Comments

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho feud with Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte shows no sign of abating soon as the Portuguese says he feels “contempt” for the row in which he and Conte have traded insults.

Conte stated on Tuesday that he “will not forget” the feud with his rival.

But the Portuguese said on Friday: “I think when a person insults another, you can expect a response or you can expect contempt, silence.

“The first time he insulted me, I had a response that I know that touched the point where he really feels hurt.”

He added: “Then he insulted me for a second time, but now I change. For me, contempt means end of the story.”

It is Mourinho’s attempt to draw a line under his feud with the Italian, which was reignited last week.

Mourinho also gave an update on striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic ahead of Monday’s Premier League game against Stoke.

The 36-year-old Swedish striker has made seven appearances since returning from a cruciate knee-ligament injury in November, but he has not played since Boxing Day.

“Zlatan is injured or is not totally happy with his condition,” said Mourinho.

“He fought like a tiger, he was starting having minutes here and there. He had a start and had 60 minutes in one game, started another one and had 45 [minutes] and he was not happy with his feelings.

“He consulted other doctors, other opinions and we all make the decision to stop. When he’s feeling really good, [he will] come back to the work.

“The date for him to be back to training with the team was around the end of January, beginning of February, so let’s hope his feelings are better and we have him with us as soon as possible.”

•Sport writer/blogger • Media strategist •Good citizen of Nigeria and Social Media Evangelist and a core die hard Real Madrid fan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *